Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It changes everything.

I began to pray again. It wasn't that I was neglecting time with God, but I really prayed tonight. I mean deeply. Passionately. Man I miss nights like this that I don't want to stop. I miss moments where I've met God before. But I cannot dwell in the moments where I've met God when there are so many more ahead. The potential for more encounters with God are in-numerous. I went online to the live webstream of IHOP- International House of Prayer....wow. You cannot deny that God has a message for his followers. You cannot deny that God has something incredible ahead. I am giving myself a challenge. I want to pursue God deeply, like tonight, for the next two weeks. Let's just what happens. Let's just see what God can do. My church, along with thousands of other churches, is participating in something called One Prayer. It is a global connection of prayer through the Body of Christ. I am a part of that Body. I need to go deeper with God if I expect my church to. I need to relentlessly pursue what I know to be true, no turning back. When I have gone after God passionately before, I have seen him do incredible things. Why do I not do that now? Why do I no longer pursue with passion? I need to pray. I need to seek God and believe that he does indeed have something ahead for his Church...the followers of his truth and the truth of Christ. Prayer changes everything. I want to encounter God. Deeply. I want to go to God deeper than ever before. I want to be completely changed. I do not want to be the same. I want for things in my life. I want guidance. I am desperate for grace. I ache for love. I ache for the world I live in to see the glory of God radiating from my face. I desire to see the world in love with God- to encounter him. I pray for so much. Prayer...it changes everything. So why not try?

No comments: