Friday, February 20, 2009
Fireproof
I just watched the movie Fireproof- a movie about a marriage close to destruction. It such a beautiful mystery because this movie is a reflection of God's love to us. Even when there is no reason to love...he still does. He refuses to relent. Yet so often marriages fall apart into utter ruin because people lack the fight. It isn't worth it to them. This breaks my heart. Why do so many people just give up rather than fighting? People rarely marry with the full intentions of remaining in the "for worse". Why? Why do so many people just give up? Honestly, so many people don't even know what love is, that is exactly why it is a reflection of God's love. He loves us so unconditionally, no matter what, and he is always there. That is how it is supposed to be with marriages. I weep tonight for the broken homes and families out there. I have known too many people that surrendered the fight and their marriage fell apart. I weep also for my own marriage...even now being single. I know one day God will bless me with an incredible man of faith. It will be my choice to fight for this covenant even when there is no seemingly good reason why. I pray that I will have strength and never give up. I want the flames to arise around my marriage and we can withstand it relying fully on God...to be fireproof. That is was I desperately pray for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment